NEON NEWS AND LINKS
The Domino Sugar sign before its removal, from the Williamsburg Bridge. (T. Rinaldi)
"Hot Bagels" made a brief re-appearance on 86th Street in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. Rolando Pujol / Instagram
• My next Neon Walking Tour of the East Village will take place on Thursday, December 11. TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE via the Municipal Art Society at this link - bundle up and let's take a walk!
RIP: Smith's Bar & Restaurant. (T. Rinaldi)
• The Terminal Bar, a one-time contemporary of Smith's just down 8th Avenue, is memorialized in a great new book by Sheldon and Stefan Nadelman. (See also this New York Neon write-up on the Terminal Bar from back in 2012 here.)
Hudes Broadway Delicatessen. (T. Rinaldi)
Peep O-Rama sign, formerly displayed at the now-closed Times Square Visitors Center. (T. Rinaldi)
• Some neon (and other) ghost signs hanging around NYC, via Ephemeral New York.
• Out in Denver, Colorado, a movement to preserve the Sid King's Crazy Horse Bar sign.
• Via Vanishing New York, lots of vanished New York Neon in a gorgeous portfolio of scenes from 1970s and 80s NYC by photographer Carl Burton.